Monday, November 28, 2011

Baby Shower

I love hosting! In our church community, there are many opportunities to host. A couple of weeks ago I hosted a baby shower (along with Kendra and Amy) for my friend June who is expecting a baby boy in December.


Love evites!

We just had desserts. The menu was:
-Fruit Kabobs
-Pumpkin Bread
-Apples and Caramel Dip
-Cinnamon Chip Scones (Pioneer Woman)
-Cranberry Orange Scones (Barefoot Contessa)
-Devonshire Cream (joyofbaking.com)
-Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (Nestle Tollhouse)
-Candy Cookies (Pioneer Woman)

I had never made scones before, and I loved the Pioneer Woman's recipe for the Cinnamon Chip Scones. The Cranberry Orange Scones ended up being Cranberry/Blueberry Orange Scones because I didn't have enough dried cranberries for the recipe. Maybe they would have been better with all cranberries. I really liked the icing that was on them - powered sugar and fresh squeezed orange juice. I will definitely be making more scones. It was very fun. The candy cookies from Pioneer Woman didn't turn out too good for me. I thought that they would be quick and easy, and they were. But I lost more than half of them trying to get them out of the muffin tin. Maybe I'll try again another time, and they'll turn out better. Let me know if you try them, and it works.

Sandra, Caitlin, and Lydia


Diane, Erin, and Ashley



June, Lauren, and Courtney


Hannah and Beccah


Me, Sandra, and Lydia


Sarah, Lia, Amy, and Lydia

It was a great time celebrating June and her little boy on the way. I spent a good bit of the time in Lydia's room because she was refusing to take a bottle. (Yes, she is refusing the bottle. :/ She took it from 3 weeks until 3 months, and now she has decided that she doesn't want to take it anymore. A friend said that means she has above-average intelligence.) So, I wasn't able to be a part of it, but they had an encouraging time praying for June.

Love you, June!

I also had the privilege of hosting a shower for June two years ago when she was expecting Lily. Thought I would post a picture of the hosts with June:


Kristen, Emily Salsky, Amy, June, Jenny, and Me

No comments:

Post a Comment