Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Lydia Hope Little

Lydia's First Photo

On Thursday, August 11, I went in for an ultrasound. I was having weekly ultrasounds to monitor the baby's growth. Seth didn't go with me because it had been pretty routine up until that point. I was at the hospital waiting for my ultrasound for several hours. The doctor sent me to the waiting room while she called my doctor. I was talking to Seth on the phone, and my doctor stepped off the elevator and said that we needed to talk. The ultrasound showed that our baby was in the 5th percentile. The week before the baby had been in the 15th percentile, so she felt that it would be best to go ahead and deliver me. I went home, and the plan was for us to come back the next morning at 7am for me to be induced. We went to Target, finished up several projects at our new apartment, and tried to get some rest. I slept for about 4 hours. We got up and walked to St. Elizabeth's. It is pretty much across the street from our new apartment.

Going in to the hospital was really peaceful. I wasn't nervous about having the baby. We could see Cambridge and Charlestown from our delivery room. It was a beautiful day with bright blue skies and white puffy clouds. I wanted to try to go natural, and if you want to hear the whole story, I'm sure that Seth would love to tell you. :) I ended up getting an epidural after 5 hours of labor, and Lydia was born 2 1/2 hours later at 11:41pm. She weighed 5 lbs 8 oz and was 18 in long.

First Family Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment